Thursday, February 3, 2011

KitchenAid Ice cream attachment

I was so excited.  I got the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchenaid stand mixer. Then I got a little bit unexcited. You have to let it freeze for at least fifteen hours-NO WAY! Fifteen freaking hours? That'll be tomorrow! With much grumbling, I promised myself that I would make the custards for a special treat for myself and let them chill overnight, whereupon I would make it. The custard had to chill, anyway. Then I found out that it wasn't even a custard, just a whisked mixture. Sad, right?
Directions:
Prep Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr
  1. 1 Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl, set aside in fridge for 1 hour.
  2. 2 In large mixing bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
  3. 3 Gradually add 3/4 cups sugar, mixing well. Stir in milk and vanilla and mix well.
  4. 4 Add strawberries with juice and mix well.
  5. 5 Gently stir in whipping cream just until combined.
6 Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions

Update: I made this in my fancy-schmancy new ice cream maker. It was delicious from the tiny taste I had
(I'm self-conscious about my figure). I made several changes. In place of the cream and milk, I used some very thick coconut milk, for all of it. I also used frozen strawberries. Okay, right? Soooo delicious. Very smooth and creamy, in spite of the lack of cream. One I'll make again! I also had fun watching it churn and freeze. Very amusing, somehow.

1 comment:

  1. C'est vraiment interessant! Je peux essayer ca aussi...

    ReplyDelete